Having three children, this question has been asked more than once: "What does Heaven look like?" There are a lot of different answers I've been given when I've asked that question. The answer I give my children? "I don't honestly know what it looks like because I've never been. But I do know it is going to be much better than Earth." Of course, they have a hard time comprehending anything better than Earth right now because they're still kids and everything in their heads is still so innocent.
What if we could create our own personal Heaven based on the things we loved about Earth? If we were able to create what our own individual piece of Heaven would be like... this would be mine:
Everything would be completely organized. Mondays would feel like Saturdays. There would never be chaos. You could come and go as you please. My Heavenly Mansion would resemble a well organized office - something similar to what The Pottery Barn displays in their catalogs (see picture). There would also be my own personal coffee shop inside. There would be no shortage of office supplies. In fact, since I can hop from cloud to cloud, I won't need a vehicle in my garage. Instead, I will turn it into what looks like an office supply store and call it my hang out. Being surrounded by office supplies makes me a happy gal.
Also in my Heaven, there would be angels available at all times to wash my hair for me whenever I wanted (see picture). And my hair would never fall out from too much washing or over-drying. It would always be so beautiful. I'm sure if you have ever had your hair washed by someone at a beauty salon, you'd agree that's probably what Heaven feels like.
I'm pretty sure in my own personal Heaven, I would look something like Gene Tierney (see picture). I would sit around watching old 1950s movies (especially White Christmas) and feel like I'm watching them for the first time every time. I would listen to all of my music on vinyl records. My furniture would be white and it would never stain. I would have windows decorating every wall to allow as much natural sunlight as possible. God would turn off the lights for me when it was time for bed.
I would have a cute 1950s style kitchen (see picture) and would be able to cook with my favorite chefs/bakers like Julia Child, Ina Garten, Alton Brown, Curtis Stone, Bakerella and Anthony Bourdain. Okay, maybe I wouldn't want to eat the meals served by Anthony Bourdain, but he could still be invited to dinner. I do realize most of these chefs/bakers are still alive, but I plan to live a long life and I imagine most of them will be making it to Heaven around the time I do (especially if we're all eating the same things in this life). All of my recipe cards would be written with perfect penmanship.
Of course, I have my own ways of enjoying many of these things Earthly-style while I'm still on this Earth. But when I die, this is what I imagine my Heaven will be like. I can't even fathom a Heaven better than this and that is why I desire to live a life that takes me there. I want to know what it's really like.
If you could create your own personal Heaven, what would it look like?
"I've got home sweet Oklahoma on my mind." - Patti Page
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
I am a neat person. I have a lot of interests. Too many to be able to keep separate blogs and actually update them on a regular basis. So a light bulb went off and I decided I would create just one blog that would cover all the things I love - based on where I live. This is my OK life.
Labels
Blog Archive
Wp Theme by Promiseringsdesigns | Blogger Template by Anshul
Filed Under :
Monday, August 2, 2010


No comments:
Post a Comment